The Economy for the Common Good (ECG) is an international movement that promotes a new model for the economy. An economy that recognises the true purpose of the economy as a contribution to the common good and not only maximises financial value. Since its launch in Austria in 2010, ECG has grown rapidly and is now active in more than twenty countries around the world, including Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal, England, Sweden, Switzerland and several countries outside Europe. In addition to attracting more them 9000 of individual supporters, around 2400 companies now use the public interest balance sheet as a regular reporting tool. You can get much detailed information about he movement in the ECG international web page.
The ECG Balance Sheet
The common-good-balance is a comprehensive framework for assessing how an organization contributes to the common good, based on a matrix that covers all its activities in terms of five stakeholder-groups (suppliers, owners / investors, employees, customers and society as a whole) and four core values: human dignity, solidarity and justice, environmental sustainability and transparency and codetermination. The new version of the common-good-balance 5.0, published in 2017, has been updated in structure and compatibility with other reporting standards and is the content of the training program. You can find more info about the matrix in English language here.
This 4 Day Intensive Course provides a thorough introduction to the common good matrix 5.0 and its underlying philosophy and values. The participants will learn how to prepare a common-good-balance and, for their certification as a common-good-consultant, they must prepare their own common-good-report as a common-good-balance. Through your own common-good-balance, you create direct transparency of the values you live as a consultant and communicate to your customers from your own experience. This standard for ECG-Consultants serves the authenticity of advice process. The course enables you to support your clients in working with the topics, aspects and indicators of Balance Sheet 5.0.
Requirements for the Certification of Common-Good-Consultants
– You should be an experienced consultant from (at least) one relevant area of ECG
– You should have at least 4 years of professional experience
– Letter of motivation and CV including description of professional experience as internal / external consultant
– You will be requested to send evidence of relevant training prior receiving ECG certificate
* requested professional experience is mandatory to become certified consultant, not for attending the Course. You can still attend the Course, get the knowledge and get certificate after gaining requirements
** you may choose to work with certified ECG consultant for a while, to get valid certificate from this training
On this Training you receive detailed balance know-how for the consulting work and the
– Preparation of your own common-good-balance
– Examine the values, aspects and indicators of the common-good-balance
– Reflect on your own values in the activity as a management consultant
– Practice the practice-relevant implementation of values and aspects
– Use of the public interest matrix as a reflection of your own activity and expand your competences by building up matrix know-how.
– Learn about applicable tools on how to successfully transfer common good into business processes.
– Get familiar with the public interest balance sheet as a door opener for the design of holistic transformation processes.
– Communicate with colleagues on issues related to the creation and implementation of their own public interest record.
– The circle of certified ECG consultants is an ideal forum for professional development and cooperation.